I just posted comments about an article I read about “CIO burnout”.
It made me stop and think about, “why I like my job”.
I’ve worked for some great companies in my career and have had some great responsibilities, , , I can honestly say that I’ve truly enjoyed the “jobs” I’ve had in my career, , , well, for the most part. Certainly, in over 30 years there have been a couple of situations that we don’t like to talk about.
If you can’t think of 10 things in ten minutes, , , you better start taking your pulse of where you are.
Here is my 10 “most likes” about my job as the CEO of MDE Enterprises, Inc.
- I’m helping IT managers all over the world achieve more success, and I love developing IT managers.
- I get to travel to some very interesting places.
- I get to work and meet with some of the best people in the world.
- I have a flexible work schedule that allows me to work from a home office and be close to my family (sometimes working from home can be difficult because you never really get away from the work).
- I love what I do and get to focus on what I want to do, , , for the most part, except when the “boss” (that’s my wife Dorine) needs me to do something.
- I get feedback from managers all over the world about the benefits and value they are receiving from my books, tools, or training, , , it’s a great feeling.
- No politics in my company, , , as long as I say, “Yes Ma’am” at the end of our discussions, I’m in good shape.
- I get to dress casually every day at the office and even when teaching my classes.
- I can work from Camp Liberty, , , or virtually anywhere in the world.
- My business is pretty simple and allows me to use my creativity.
This is just a quick list that came to mind in less than 10 minutes. I probably missed something important but that doesn’t matter. The point is that I love what I do and thinking through this exercise reinforces it to me.
That’s a “two thumbs up”!!
I hope your list has lots of positives and you can say the same thing about your job.
Leave a comment to this post, , , I would like to hear what you think.