Time for my Annual Review to recap the year, , , maybe this will help explain why 2011 went by so fast.
- 3 IT Manager Institute classes and only 1 trip this year, , , to London, Ontario Canada, , , that’s #44, 45, and 46
- Tested webinar training and delivered three 1-hour classes for European managers
- Taught a 4th IT Manager Institute (our 47th) via webinar, , , 5-hour days for 5 straight days, , , reviews were good
- Rewrote my first ten books, , , a major effort that took over a year to complete
- Upgraded our company’s entire systems, processes and business applications infrastructure, , , from hardware to shopping cart, a major effort but positions us well for 2012
- Rebuilt our web sites from the ground up using a WordPress platform, , , see www.itmanagerinstitute.com
- Posted approximately 200 ITLever Blog articles and posts
- Updated the IT Manager ToolKit
Most of the year was spent on the big rewrite project and the infrastructure upgrade, , , both were huge efforts. To be able to focus on these projects, I pulled back on my travel schedule and minimized the number of classes in 2011. Our company took a financial hit but it was something we needed to do to position for 2012 and beyond, , , and we are excited about where we are.
In my next blog post, I’ll lay out some of the results of what we have been working on to make 2012 one of our biggest and best years in “helping IT managers of the world achieve more success”.