I saw an article on TechRepublic today about “future trends in IT to watch” by Jason Hiner. His information is usually pretty good and is worth noting as he has actual operational management experience as well as being an editor in the publishing business.
Below is an excerpt. To read the full article, CLICK HERE
- The consumerization of IT – More and more pressure on It as corporate employees continue to use more of their own technology and resist corporate standards
- The borderless network – The completely isolated and protected network is no longer a reality in today’s business environment.
- The cloudy data center – Many companies of the future won’t have a data center, , , it will be in the clouds somewhere.
- The state of outsourcing – Many IT employees may work in your building or work virtually on your technology, but they will be paid and managed by an outside company.
- The mobilization paradigm – Smartphones and iPads are just the tip of the iceberg of what’s coming.
These are all issues that face our IT organizations and some of the things we need to think about, , , the reality is that most companies will deal with one or more of these issues in the next two years.