Today is September 1st, 2010 and it’s my birthday, , , two times !!
My company, MDE Enterprises, Inc., turns 10 today plus I turn ___ years old , , , you don’t really need to know my age, , , doesn’t matter.
I’m very proud of the fact that my company is doing well and has made it for 10 years. Most start-ups die in the first two or three years. We have made it through two economic dips. Do you remember the 2000-2002 “dot.com” crash? And now, we have another major economic depression in much of the world, , , we are hoping we get to the other side in this one as well. It’s like life, , , you have good times and challenging times. Without the tough times, you can’t have the great times.
My company and what I do gives me the greatest satisfaction of my entire career and it has taken me to many parts of the world that I thought I would never see, , , and there is much more to come if I’m lucky.
There are a few tips I want to share with you that I believe work in my business and also for an IT manager.
- Successful ventures often need a bit of luck to make it. I’ve certainly had my share of luck and good fortune. Another thought about this from the sports world is what Lee Trevino (famous golfer) once said, “The more I practice the luckier I get.”
- Perseverance is key. You have to work through tough times and keep a positive outlook on the future. You become what you think, so if you think you are failing you probably will. Stay positive and keep doing the right things and success eventually comes to those who persevere.
- Go for the opportunities that present themselves. You need to look for opportunity and then do something about it when you find it. There is usually an element of risk because there certainly aren’t any guarantees in life, especially in today’s environment. Test a concept and when you find something works, do more of it, , , take advantage of the little successes in life to create bigger successes.
- Approach your business with a “win-win” attitude. Helping others win will also help you win in the long run.
- Define a clear mission and then stay organized and focused on your mission.
It’s very late (2:30 am) as I write this post. Wanted to write this one and the next one tonight on my birthday, , , later today I plan to treat myself to a round of golf and share some time with Dorine and Eddie, , , today is a GREAT DAY. 🙂
Many many happy returns to you and your company. I am very glad that I found your blogs very profesional and I wish you and your company best wishes. Wishing you n your company successful time ahead.
A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U,WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF ALL
Wish you a Very Happy Birthday, may all your dreams come true. Have a great day and a great year.