Today is July 31st, the last day of the month. Here are some questions worth asking yourself at the end of every month:
– “What did we accomplish this month?”
– “Did we achieve our objectives this month?”
– “Did I invest in my people to help them succeed?”
– “Did I develop myself in an area this month?”
– “Did we improve relations with our clients this month?”
– “What were the problems we had and did we learn from them?”
There are many more questions you can ask yourself, I’m sure, , , the key is that we need to evaluate our progress from time to time and the end of every month is a great time to do it.
Not only do we need to assess our IT organization’s progress, we need to quantify it and share the information with senior management, department managers and our employees. They all need to hear what their IT organization is doing.