Presentations don’t have to be boring, , , in fact, they ought to be fun, informative, and interesting, , , something that makes the audience sit on the edge of their seats in anticipation of the next slide.
Here are some quick tips to “spruce up” your next presentation:
Tip #1 – Create an appealing slide master
- Keep it simple, use warm colors and a theme that ties into your presentation topic.
- Minimize background “noise” so it does not distract from your bullet points
Tip #2 – Slides with impact
- One key thought per slide
- Minimal bullet points
- Don’t read your slide, , , discuss your key points
- Incorporate personal experience stories and examples
Tip #3 – Create visual interest
- Add an interesting graphic to enhance your point
- Animation can be good but also distracting
- PNG files are made for PowerPoint slides with background
Tip #4 – Energize your audience
- Raise your energy level and it will boost audience interest
- Use pauses and emphasis on key points for effect
- Keep it moving
- Smile and have fun
Tip #5 – Prepare
- Become very familiar with each slide to glide through them
- Know your key points on each slide
- Practice in front of a mirror until you are comfortable
Delivering a presentation is frightening for many, but don’t let it intimidate you. Being nervous is not only natural, , , it is a good thing and shows you care.
The more you present the easier it gets, , , even becomes second nature over time. Remember to have fun and enjoy the opportunity and experience.