Here are just a few for you to think about:
- When hiring, it’s nice to be able to hire someone who meets multiple needs in your organization. Finding someone who addresses several skill needs of the organization is a plus and well worth the extra effort to find.
- When programming requests are prioritized, it improves productivity when you can knock off several request changes in the same project when the requests affect the same program.
- Technology initiatives that can address multiple needs of the company are great ways to enhance IT reputation. Doing things that provides value and improves client service are big winners for the client and for IT.
Key points to consider:
- Always look for leverage opportunities
- Small incremental expense or effort can have big return
- Involve your staff in identifying “two bird” possibilities
- Measure the improved gains
- Create awareness of successes
Anything you do that leverages your IT Organization’s productivity is a benefit for all concerned. Take a proactive approach in seeking out situations that allow you to address multiple issues with one focused effort.