IT Business Edge launched a new product called IT Project Guides this month. I was fortunate to help develop one of the first project guides for their launch, , , an IT Career Development Plan.
1) Access the ITBE web site — www.itbusinessedge.com
2) Select the IT Project Guides Menu link at the top
3) Select the IT Career Development Plan link
, , , or access it directly at this link – CLICK HERE
Each Project Guide is broken into Project Phases and each phase contains 4 or 5 PowerPoint steps with download tools to explain and help you with the subject matter.
In the IT Career Development Plan, there are 4 phases, each with several steps that walk you through developing and implementing a career plan for yourself or in helping your IT employees with career planning.
Here is an overview of what you will find in this Project Guide:
– Important IT Career Questions
– Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
– What Makes You Tick?
– What Do You Really Want?
– Your Personal Inventory
– Beginning Your Career Plan
– Where Are You Today?
– Long-term Goals
– Looking Beyond the Next Step
– Preparation Is Essential and Ongoing
– Keys to IT Career Development
– A Personal IT Career Training Plan
– Find an IT Career Mentor
– Learn IT Success from Others
– Investing in Your IT Career
– Keys to Establishing Your Credibility
– IT Recommendations and Business Value
– Producing Positive Results
– Communicate Your Track Record
– More Resources Offered by MDE Enterprises, Inc.
The following download tools are available in this Project Guide:
– Personal Attributes Inventory
– IT Career Path Flowchart
– Personal Training Scorecard
– IT Initiatives Portfolio
I think you will find the IT Career Development Plan Project Guide and the tools helpful in providing structure and insight to think about your career and in defining what you want to achieve.
Best of success,
Mike Sisco, ITBMC