As you look at your own IT management situation, new optimism occurs with the beginning of each new year. The holidays are over and a new year has begun.
Have you developed your 2012 plans, , , do you know what you want to accomplish in this new year?
We have big plans for 2012 at MDE Enterprises, Inc. and have been working very hard to get positioned for 2012. Let me outline the key components for you:
A. IT Manager Institute training – our flagship IT Manager Institute training program will expand in 2012 with webinar training and we will add many more IT managers to the ITBMC certification list. Our goal is to make this exceptional training value available to every IT manager in the world by making it accessible and affordable. There are now 3 options to attend the IT Manager Institute and gain your ITBMC status.
– Classroom – Five classes scheduled so far with trips to Dubai and Atlanta.
– Webinar – IT Manager Institute webinar class will be delivered each quarter.
– Self Study – IT Manager Institute SELF STUDY program is the most affordable and one of the best values we have.
B. WEBINAR Training Series – We plan to deliver 1-hour webinar classes to expand our reach considerably in 2012, to make our training more affordable for many, and to be able to offer a variety of IT manager training topics.
– 2 webinar classes delivered each month and recorded for future access. Our first webinar classes include:
- Feb 6 – Boost Your Career With a Professional Development Plan
- Feb 13 – Communicate IT Success With an IT Initiatives Portfolio
- Mar 12 – Turn Difficult Clients Into Opportunities
- Mar 26 – Dealing With Problem Employees
- Apr 9 – Triple Threat to IT Success
- Apr 16 – IT Assessment: the key to success
– Quarterly IT Manager Institute webinar programs
- Monday-Friday, February 20-24
- Monday-Friday, April 23-27
- Monday-Friday, July 23-27
- Monday-Friday, November 12-16
C. 20 Minute IT Manager Series – Tom Mochal and I are developing new 20 Minute IT Manager sessions and will start delivering two per month. Here is the list of topics for the first six months:
- Jan – Value-Add PMO (TM)
- Jan – Simple Client Survey Tells You a Lot (MS)
- Feb – Successfully Market Your PMO (TM)
- Feb – Effective IT Staff Meetings (MS)
- Mar – Managing Outsourced Projects (TM)
- Mar – 10 Ways To Improve Client Service (MS)
- Apr – Five Keys to Project Success (TM)
- Apr – Prioritizing IT Projects (MS)
- May – Applying Project Governance (TM)
- May – IT Self Evaluation Checklist (MS)
- Jun – Optimizing Project Resources (TM)
- Jun – Create an IT Manager Dashboard (MS)
D. IT Due Diligence and Assimilation Program – Join me in a 2-day training program to learn what you need to know about IT due diligence and assimilation when acquiring another company. The process and tools are based upon my due diligence and transition experience in over 40 company acquisitions.
- March 27-28, 2012 – Columbia, TN
E. Books and tools – You probably know I devoted considerable time in 2011 to rewrite my first 10 books. They are completed and now called Mike Sisco’s Practical IT Manager GOLD Series. This series includes an updated IT Manager ToolKit and has been our top seller for 10 years, , , and it just got a whole lot better. CLICK HERE for info.
New book titles + new tools will be released in 2012. Stay tuned.
F. New products – We have been hard at work to bring two new services to our IT manager community. The first is a Membership Program that allows you to access tools, training and products from our huge inventory of IT manager resources. There will be 3 levels – FREE, Silver, and Gold. Become a Premium Member and save. Active GOLD Members will receive new products and training we deliver.
The second product gives you the ability to earn commissions by creating awareness of our IT manager products. Affiliate status is available to a very select group, , , you have to be an IT Manager Institute graduate or a current GOLD Member of our membership program to participate. We are testing this system now and plan to roll it out in January to our Institute graduates first.
2012 is going to be a super year full of new experiences and great new projects to work on as we continue our mission of, “helping IT managers of the world achieve more success”.
I wish you the best of success as you enter this new year’s challenges and opportunities.